“Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My father will honor the one who serves me.”
At Brighton Community Church, we believe that every member has unique skills and talents to build up the Body of Christ. Every member has a part to play and is able to serve the community with their God-given gifts. We are committed to an on-going process of equipping you for ministry and providing you with a platform for service. It is our joy to see you experience fruitfulness in serving and fulfilment in your walk with God as you get involved in our ministries.
Come and experience what mighty purposes God can accomplish through you.
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
The Great Commission is one of the key tenets of Brighton Community Church. We believe that God has called us to be a disciple-making church, and missions work has always been at the core of our beliefs. By the grace and guidance of God, we have been faithfully sending mission teams to foreign lands since the first year of our establishment.
Within 4 years of starting Brighton Community Church, we sent out our first missionary and church planter, Aaron Koh, to Chiang Mai. Despite our limited resources and lack of experience, we wanted to be involved in what is closest to God’s heart: cross-cultural missions. In 2006, we planted our first overseas church in Chiang Mai – Brighton Community Church, Chiang Mai.
10 years later, with more resources and experience, our fervour has grown even stronger. In 2015, we sent out our first missionaries to Phnom Penh and we are excited to see how God will continue to use us mightily in the lands beyond Singapore. We want to take a quantum leap in advancing God’s kingdom beyond the shores of Singapore. We want to send out missionaries and plant a church outside Singapore every year.
BEYOND, our yearly missions month, is a time to help Brightonites grow in our understanding of and our participation in God’s redemption plan for the world. We hope many among us will be inspired to be more involved in sharing the gospel beyond Singapore.
See how you can partner with our overseas churches in prayer.
Pray for members to return to Chiangmai from province
Pray for the In-Person service attendance to increase and that people will return to worship
Pray for the community outreach to bear fruits
Pray for protection over Pastor Aaron, his family and the church against all attacks, that there will be unity in purpose, in spirit and in love
Thank God for:
- Family visit, lots of blessings and fun for kids
- Training at AYC and volunteer engagement
- Progress in leaders planning and ownership
1. CHRIST-CENTRED LEADERSHIP:
- Pray for God's word released through Judy during missions trip over leadership- Unity, Love, Build
- God to continue giving Pastor Alywin and church leaders divine authority and wisdom for leadership vision and decisions. Pray the leaders will raise leaders under the training of Pst Alywin, move out of their comfort kingdoms to build God's kingdom. Pray for a rising up of new generation leaders for church growth, evangelism and partner Pastor Alywin and Amelia to love God deeply and love people fervently. Pray for God to give the leadership team a united, selfless, Philippians 2 co-labouring spirit.
2. DEEPER DISCIPLESHIP:
Pray for a hunger for God's Word and the members to avail themselves for Bible study. Pray for God to lead us in deeper discipleship of members. Pray for strong cell groups, a good atmosphere of faith at church service weekly and whenever we gather.
3. WORD, WORSHIP & RELATIONSHIP:
Pray that members experience the presence of God, deep relationship with Him and each other (horizontal and vertical beam of the cross). Pray BCCPP will develop a love for the Word and worship through the experience of the Holy Spirit and practice the presence of God daily. Pray for the presence of God to greatly bless the regular worship team meeting on Fridays.
4. For Oh Family:
- Pray Alyssa and Zac will know God at a young age and witness the Lord's work in their lives.
- Pray for Zac to cultivate an interest to learn at school and make new good friends.
- We give thanks to the Lord for Chhay Lim, Sodarath Mas, Leakhana Leang. Pray our leaders will be diligent in their follow-up with the salvation fruit and cultivating the leads we have.
- Continued strong evangelism efforts by BCCPP leaders and members in partnership with the Holy Spirit to reach out effectively to the crop of University students we have. Pray for open hearts to Jesus. Pray God directs our action and attention to the people open to Him.
- Pray for consolidation of a youth/ young adults CG on Saturdays in preparation forfor a youth group launch next year with the high school students we have been reaching. We are reaching out to a batch of 75 high school students from E2STEM school with welfare packs this week.
We currently fund the work of three overseas churches. To give to the missions fund, click below.
We run two types of missions trips; Exploratory and Exposure. Exposure trips are suitable for first-time trippers who wish to learn and engage in missions. Exploratory trips are suitable for trippers who are keen in exploring short or long term missions. Click below to find out more.
For enquires on career options, write to us at email@example.com